29 July 2012

Winter ... a time for hot drinks

What's your favourite hot drink?  I love tea, but just plain hot water with a slice of lemon is so refreshing too!  I find it difficult to drink my usual 2L of water a day during winter, but it's just as important to keep hydrated during winter as it is during summer.  I've found that adding a little hot water to my big glass of water seems to help it go down easier too.

Here are some suggestions for you to try:

Molasses tea: 1 tsp blackstrap molasses in a mug of hot water before bed makes me sleep better

Winter lemon tea: juice of half a lemon, 1 tsp honey a few mint leaves in a mug of hot water.

Lemon Balm tea:  add 6 fresh leaves to mug of boiling water, stand for 5 mins, strain and add honey to taste.

Colds/Flu tea: grate a piece of ginger (skin on) and add it to a flask of boiling water. Stand for 15 minutes and strain.  Add juice of 1 lemon, 1 or 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste), pinch of cayenne pepper and a few drops of Echinacea (if you have).  Keep hot in flask next to bed and sip throughout the day.

Maybe you'd care to share your favourites here?

No comments:

Post a Comment